Coup De Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan of LoL Sea

3 posters

Your friendly neighbourhood Yordle's guide to Tank based items and their practicalities~

WarringTriad
    WarringTriad

Your friendly neighbourhood Yordle's guide to Tank based items and their practicalities~ Empty Your friendly neighbourhood Yordle's guide to Tank based items and their practicalities~

Post  WarringTriad Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Many of you know me as that Yordle-only user of Division 4. Since I only play Yordles, I am otherwise considered a jack-of-all-trades sort of player. However in truth I do lean towards a specific preference: Tanks

I will be listing the items commonly(And uncommonly) used by tanks, off-tanks and Support-Tanks. I will also, to my best ability, list down the champions I feel that particular item works best with. I do hope many of you will find this guide handy in deciding items for your builds

List of Items

Aegis of the Legion
    Cost : 1925
    Description : This is a rather standard yet underused item really, it gives good stats for its cost and is one of the rare few items which provides both HP and Armor along with Raduin's Omen and Sunfire's Cape. Its UNIQUE passive AOE provides a minor buff for surrounding allies. A relatively unknown secret about the Aegis is that its passive stacks between users. This means that if Alistar and Galio both carry Aegis, their effects will stack between them both. This is because the Aegis provides two seperate buffs, one for the user and the other for his allies.
    Champions to note : Rammus(Armor and Health are a Rammus' best friends), Galio(Similar to Rammus, but in his case its Resist instead of Armor)

Banshee's Veil
    Cost : 2715
    Description : Magic Resist, Mana, Health, and a Spell-Negate shield to boot. This is one of the most used items in the game, for good reason. There is no major secret to this item, it works well for most champions and is very easy to add into many builds.
    Champions to note : Ryze(Mana power activate!), Galio(Resist to AP), Blitzcrank(Mana Shield), Singed(Mana to HP)

Force of Nature
    Cost : 2610
    Description : Fairly used, it boasts the highest possible Resist a single item can offer. In addition it provides plenty of regen as well as a Percentage HP recovery passive. Very effective against champions with strong AP bursts. Oh, and it provides you with Movement Speed. It is effectively the Phantom Dancer for Tanks.
    Champions to note : Galio(Resist to AP), Mundo(Regen stack)

Frozen Mallet
    Cost : 3250
    Description : This one you might not see on tanks so often, but it works. Although for AD off-tanks its quite commonly abused. 700 HP is ALOT, in fact second highest next to the Warmog. The passive provides a strong 40% slow for melee tanks, 30% for range.
    Champions to note : Amumu(You'll be surprised)

Leviathan
    Cost : 1275
    Description : ABSOLUTELY SITUATIONAL. Stack items can be both a blessing or a curse. Tanks get plenty of assists(And occasional kills(Mostly via ksing)) making this a possible alternative to Health. The 20 stack bonus is truly one of a kind, 15% damage reduction is ALOT.
    Champions to note : N/A

Raduin's Omen
    Cost : 3075
    Description : This is really one of the most powerful items in the game, assuming you know how to use its effect well. Its AOE active is in fact as strong as a Champion's ultimate, with heavy movement speed and attack speed reduction all around. The perfect AD carry counter in a sense, along with the Thornmail and Frozen Heart. Provides Armor, Health, HP regen, a slowing active AND passive.
    Additional notes : This item works well with Shurelya's Reverie, creating a double active and strong item synergy. The two items are twins with contrasting abilities. The Raduin + Reverie combo works well with supports, support-tanks, and to a certain extent, tanks.

Rod of Ages
    Cost : 3035
    Description : 80 AP, 700 Health and 725 Mana at full charge. Any AP off-tank using Mana SHOULD use this item. But due to its 'growing' nature, its better to get it as early as possible.
    Champions to note : Ryze(Mana power), Singed(Supar Mana to HP), Blitzcrank(Mana Shield)

Rylal's Crystal Sceptre
    Cost : 3105
    Description : 80 AP and 500 Health. Its the AP version of the Frozen Mallet really.
    Champions to note : Amumu(Frozen tears, lol), RubberyvanaWP(Frozen fire spin ftw)

Shurelya's Reverie
    Cost : 2200
    Description : A good support's best friend... Or not. Its a strong item for its cost, providing decent Health, HP and MP regen, CD reduction and an ACTIVE buff.

Spirit Visage
    Cost : 1550
    Description : Its magic resist and Health for 1550! Its passive only works on the user, increasing all healing/regenerative effects. It provides CD reduction as well, but the major factor here is its cheap cost.
    Champions to note : Any champion heavily reliant on lifesteal or Spellvamp, Galio(Resist to AP)

Soul Shroud
    Cost : 2285
    Description : Spirit Visage on steroids. But it trades Resist for more Health.

Sunfire's Cape
    Cost : 2610
    Description : This is probably my favourite item. Health, Armor, but most importantly an AOE DPS. Its actually a very strong item, but beyond the few tanks here and there its actually not used often.
    Champions to note : Amumu <3(Stacks well), Mundo(Stacks well), Shyvana(Stacks well), Trollmo(You be Hatin')

Warmog's Armor
    Cost : 3000
    Description : Ahahaha.. What description?

Abyssal Sceptre
    Cost : 2650
    Description : Only for AP-based tanks. It works well in improving a tanker's effectiveness in combat due to its AOE Resist reducing passive. It provides a high Resist itself.
    Champions to note : Fiddlesticks(Stacks well), Amumu(Stacks well), Soraka(Stacks well)

Guardian Angel
    Cost : 2600
    Description : Pixie version of the Aegis. It trades Health for a 5 minute per cast passive that revives you upon death. Used often by carries and trolltanks to make your life miserable.

Frozen Heart
    Cost : 3075
    Description : VERY high Armor, Mana, and CD Reduction. Its passive screws AD carries reliant on attack speed. It boasts the second highest Armor next to the Thornmail, and thats only by 1 armor. Its superior to the thornmail in the respect of practicality.
    Champions to note : Ryze(OMFG TANK RYZE WE'RE DEAD), Singed(Mana to Health), Blitzcrank(Mana shield)

Thornmail
    Cost : 2000
    Description : Highest armor amongst all items. Passive returns 30% AD physical damage. Its not as effective as its claimed to be.
    Champions to note : Rammus(Stacks well)

Might be revised in the future, leave your feedback below!
    RubberDauck
    RubberDauck

Your friendly neighbourhood Yordle's guide to Tank based items and their practicalities~ Empty Re: Your friendly neighbourhood Yordle's guide to Tank based items and their practicalities~

Post  RubberDauck Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:41 pm

Rylal's Crystal Sceptre
    Cost : 3105
    Description : 80 AP and 500 Health. Its the AP version of the Frozen Mallet really.
    Champions to note : Amumu(Frozen tears, lol), RubberyvanaWP(Frozen fire spin ftw)

Since when did i use rylai on my shyvana? o.o
    WarringTriad
    WarringTriad

Your friendly neighbourhood Yordle's guide to Tank based items and their practicalities~ Empty Re: Your friendly neighbourhood Yordle's guide to Tank based items and their practicalities~

Post  WarringTriad Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:00 am

lol not you, i just meant Shyvana could probably use it. I was bored so I put it as 'RubberyvanaWP' instead~
    Larvichee
    Larvichee

Post  Larvichee Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:59 am

I DEMAND YOU PUT SHEN ON THE LIST OF FROZEN MALLET, HIS PASSIVE GOES UNUSUALLY WELL WITH IT
    RubberDauck
    RubberDauck

Post  RubberDauck Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 am

add jarvan to warmogs.. so far he's the onli hero that i see worthy to hold the holy armor. and volibear looks nice with spirit visage
    Larvichee
    Larvichee

Post  Larvichee Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 am

RubberDauck wrote:add jarvan to warmogs.. so far he's the onli hero that i see worthy to hold the holy armor. and volibear looks nice with spirit visage

I disagree with spirit visage for Volibear, it's nothing exceptional. He can't even actively heal
    RubberDauck
    RubberDauck

Post  RubberDauck Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:29 am

i dunno y but when a volibear takes that item, the enemy team will complain OP.. lol.. for the trolls

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:46 am