Coup De Grace

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan of LoL Sea

3 posters

[Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling

RubberDauck
    RubberDauck

[Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling Empty [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling

Post  RubberDauck Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:53 am

Trundle the Cursed Troll
    [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling TrundleSquare
    Attribute:
    Fighter
    Melee
    Jungler
    Blocker

Skills

Decompose
    [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling Decompose
    Description: Whenever an enemy unit near Trundle dies, he heals for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6%
    of their maximum health.
    Range: 1000 (estimate)

Probably a passive that will go unnoticed by some. But this is the reason why trundle has such GODLY sustain in the jungle and almost immune to jungle invasions in the most recent jungle remake.

Rabid Bite
    [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling RabidBite
    Description: Trundle enhances his next standard attack to instead bite his opponent, dealing physical damage equal to a base amount plus a percentage of his attack damage.

This attack increases Trundle's attack damage for 8 seconds, with his opponent losing half of this amount for the same duration.
    Cost: 40 mana
    Cooldown: 4 seconds
    Base Damage: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90
    Scaling: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120% of attack damage
    Attack Damage Bonus: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40

DOESNT THIS SKILL SCREAM OP?! when maxed it does 120% damage more of a normal atk + the base and whats more it has a side effect!! Enemy loses 20 attack damage while you gain 40!! And with a 4 sec cd, its spammable causing the 2nd rabid bite to do even more damage than the 1st.

Contaminate
    [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling Contaminate
    Description: Trundle infects a target location with his curse for 8 seconds, gaining attack speed, movement speed, and crowd control reduction while standing on it.
    Cost: 60 mana
    Cooldown: 15 seconds
    Range to Center of AoE: 900
    Radius of AoE: 1000 (estimate)
    Movement Speed: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 %
    Attack Speed: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 %
    Crowd Control Reduction: 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 %

GUYS!! READ!! CC REDUCTION 40%!! Thats irelia's passive right there!! And whats more OP is the speed boost is a personal sivir ulti!! And with a radius of 1000, it can completely cover a teamfight area!!

Pillar of Filth
    [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling PillarofFilth
    Description: Trundle creates a plagued beacon at a target location for 6.5 seconds, which becomes impassable terrain and slows all nearby enemy units while they are in the vicinity of it and for 1.25 seconds after they leave the area.
    Cost: 60 mana
    Range: 1000
    Pillar Radius: 125
    Slow Radius: 375 (estimate)
    Sight Radius: 1200 (estimate)
    Cooldown: 23 / 20 / 17 / 14 / 11 seconds
    Slow: 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 / 45 %

This skill is actually the only reason why trundle is feared by carries. The slow would make them unable to move quickly and would make them free food. And whats better is that this skill at max has a 11 sec cd which can be used to brush check as it gives sight and as well as be placed in brushes when escaping. Also, this skill creates an inpassable terrain, such that enemies who panic will waste escape spells just to get away from it. 11 sec cd skill OP!!

Agony
    [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling Agony
    Description: Trundle immediately steals health (by dealing magic damage) and a percentage of their armor and magic resistance from his target. Over the next 6 seconds the amount of health, armor, and magic resistance stolen is doubled.
    Cost: 75 mana
    Range: 700
    Cooldown: 80 / 70 / 60 seconds
    Initial Health Stolen: 100 / 175 / 250 (+0.6 per ability power)
    Initial Armor & Magic Resist Stolen: 15 / 20 / 25 %

25% armor stealing at max and doubles over 6 seconds.. hmm.. sounds to me as a tank disabler skill!! This skill used on a tank would grant you their defense!! And whats more, a tank that has no defense is basically useless!! MELT THEM DOWN!!

Skill Build
    1. Q
    2. W
    3. Q
    4. E
    5. Q
    6. R
    7. Q
    8. E
    9. Q
    10. E
    11. R
    12. E
    13. E
    14. W
    15. W
    16. R
    17. W
    18. W

Why pillar before contaminate? It will have a lower cd when maxed and this would make escaping and ganking easier. Whats better is that at early lvl it can be used to force a flash from the enemy. Also, at early game your only dmg pretty much comes from only rabid bite. You do not have enough movement speed and attack speed for contaminate to have a nice effect. So what do you do? You slow the enemy so that your lane ally can do their combo and hopefully get a kill.

Summoner Spell
    Smite and Flash

Why? Smite is needed for jungling and Flash is needed if you did a fail pillar of filth and end up blocking yourself.

Some may prefer Ignite or Exhaust over Flash but then again, my preference stays with Flash.

Why ignite? Ever since season 2, heals become more and more popular and tends to get annoying. So what do you do? YOU BURN(ignite) THEM!!

Exhaust.. I dont think i need to explain this..

Runes and Masteries and Jungle path

Refer to the link below. Sorry i cant link it to the webpage as i do not have access to linking urls....(damn noobflamez) just add "www" infront of it to go to the page.

.youtube.com/watch?v=3N668NCC1A0&context=C2e207ADOEgsToPDskJ6Pp1iIc1ZtiRL8m0rWUMa

Stonewall's Trundle build for early jungling. Its fast and the path viable even when you get invaded. Follow the runes and masteries posted in the description of the video.

Item build
    This build focus on being an ad burst. Your ulti already provides you with enough defense and so focusing on damage is the way to go.

Items in purchasing order:
    Vamp Scepter
    Boots
    Wriggles
    Mercury Threads
    Avarice Blade
    Phage
    Trinity Force
    BF Sword
    BloodThirster
    Youmou Ghostblade

In the end you would have

Wriggles Lantern
    Mercury Threads
    Youmou Ghostblade
    Trinity Force
    BloodThirster

Last item would be up to you.

Alternatively, if ad burst aint your style, you could try a more tanky build.

Start off with the usual mercury and wriggles and start building tanky items.

These 3 below are necessary as its what that makes you actually be tanky.
    Frozen Mallet
    Randuins Omen
    GuardianAngel

Next you could get either Banshee, Force of Nature or Thornmail.(You can swap out your wriggles to get 2 of these items instead of only 1 if the game goes on)

Gameplay

Basically you start off in the jungle and finish the route before going to gank. When you finish your route, your hp should suffice to be able to gank quite nicely. After that, gank and jungle as all jungler do.

During a teamfight, use contaminate to grant yourself IMBAness. Your ulti is used for the tank and only the tank. This would reduce their armor and if they rush into your team like any normal tank would, they WILL melt easily. Use your pillar to shut off escape routes of the enemy or to help your teammates escape.

End
    Please do give your comments to help improve this guide. I should be updating this guide if i have any changes, replays or feel that an opinion from you guys is notable.

Changelog:
    12/12/11 - Added information on pillar of faith explanation(credit to Larvichee)
    Added more summoner spell options(credit to Larvichee)
    13/12/11 - Added a tank build(credit to Larvichee)

Last edited by RubberDauck on Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
    WarringTriad
    WarringTriad

[Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling Empty Re: [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling

Post  WarringTriad Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:06 am

Haha you seem like you had fun posting this guide. I played a jungle Trundle once, it was very easy, health rarely fell below 25% and he kills the creeps fast. Its a good build~
    Larvichee
    Larvichee

[Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling Empty Re: [Summoner's Rift] A guide for Jungle Trolling

Post  Larvichee Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:55 am

>.>
    1)You don't need flash cause you already move so fast. Take exhaust/ignite for those pesky ad/healers? And certainly not because you might create a fail pillar.
    2)It should be mentioned that pillar of filth blocks terrain in the skill [EDIT: explanation], and that you should actually try to wall people off with it.
    3)Did you contact stonewall for permission to use his video in your guide?
    4)Your item build lacks some defense. Trundle is a melee and is better suited to offtanking, this is from personal experience. Most of the time you are focused down simply due to your annoying pillar of filth and super fast attack speed. I find my Trundle unable to engage properly if I take too much damage items, as being melee and fragile makes you top priority for killing. Even if you steal armour and magic resist, you're wasting your ultimate on a tank while their carry may still have loads of resist, making it hard for your AP carry to burst them down.
    RubberDauck
    RubberDauck

Post  RubberDauck Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:52 am

1) From experience i need flash as ppl tend to flash away when pillared instead of walkin around it and i'll be the one who has to walk arnd it.. usually happens in jungle skirmishes so i hope u get wad i mean.. but still.. i'll put exhaust and ignite as an option thx (:

2) Thx for spotting that lol.. i actually re did this after my com crashed and the auto save did not save that part plus i did not review it.. heh..

3) I actually did ask for permission tyvm. Still waitin for reply thou.. heh

4) This is a personal build made from experience. I too find him not tanky enough although his ulti steals defense but if you are willing to commit, the lifesteals along with damage output does keep me alive. And i see alot of tanks feeling the pain after my ulti and so they would retreat, leaving the carries very much exposed, giving easy kills.

edit: would you like to refer me your build? or i would have to wait till i test out builds inorder to get a semi tank build to add the guide.(i actually used to build defense on trundle too but i just find this as wayy easier to take out their carries if my carries cant)
    Larvichee
    Larvichee

Post  Larvichee Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 am

Any decent semi-tank build works on trundle I think.
    For your 1st item you can always go damage, either Frozen or Triforce (wiggle's doesn't really count). I find Madred's lacking, and should be gotten as the last item IF you want to build it.

No Warmog, Trundle's health comes from Frozen or Triforce. If you need more, just pick Banshee or Sunfire. Trundle's item build is really free after his wiggles + triforce/frozen, as long as he can take the damage, he's really irritating. (Guardian Angel can prove particularly nasty, as I think his passive works even while reviving)
    RubberDauck
    RubberDauck

Post  RubberDauck Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:41 am

i mean a 6 item static build.. lol.. i noe trundle items can be built freely as a semi tank thats y i put up an ad build instead since its more static.
    Larvichee
    Larvichee

Post  Larvichee Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Mercurial/Wriggles/Frozen/GuardianAngel/[Banshee/FoN/Randuins/Thornmail]/(Free slot)

Once your guardian angel is up you probably get thornmail cause that damn melee carry is raping your ass. Or FoN. You're just a really annoying troll after that who eats any ranged ad that tries to 1v1 you.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:17 pm